Thursday, September 18, 2014

Standing Up For Your Rights Is A Gift


Last week someone made a call complaining that two people were engaging in "lewd acts".  An employee of the Los Angeles Police Department showed up to the scene.  After questioning the female suspect the employee responded by handcuffing her.

Danielle Watts ended up in handcuffs because she refused to show her papers.    



Danielle Watts in handcuffs 


This week Watts was interviewed on CNN.  Here is a clip of the exchange...

Anchorwoman

Why wouldn't you just give them your ID?

Danielle Watts: 

"Because I believe in America and what it stands for.  I believe in freedom.  A country that calls itself the land of the free and home of the brave.  If I'm within my constitutional rights to say 'NO unless you are charging me with a crime, I will not be giving you my ID', that is a right that I stand up for".

Watts goes on to add that standing up for her rights "was a gift and a blessing".

Story from CNN


No comments:

Post a Comment